Mar 192012
 

Having just got back from a refreshing week skiing in La Tania, France, I finally got of my backside to do some Mars Imaging. I have actually tried recently but could not get a good blue channel, and I have realised that my secondhand Trutek blue filter has no IR-cut! (in other words it is a Type I). This meant I was getting IR leakage in my blue images, thus ruining the final RGB. Anyway, now I’m back to my good old Astronomik Type II RGB filters,and here’s the result from last night. This is an RRGB image, meaning that I re-used the red for the luminance. Additionally, I used the amazing WinJupos program to de-rotate the images and was therefore able to shoot longer AVI sequences than normal.

 Posted by at 12:07 pm

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.